Seeking a Managing Director for Nostos
At Nostos, we believe cooperation is the future of business. We’re a community of best-in-class independent marketing, design, and technology companies who collaborate to solve complex challenges and achieve greater impact. A growing number of our member companies are B Corp Certified.
We support our community of independent companies through resilience-building activities, such as facilitating expertise-sharing and procuring special rates with commonly needed partners, and business development activities, including developing new client relationships and shared project opportunities. We support our clients by helping them find vetted, cutting-edge specialists at the scale they need from our cohort of experts who are committed to collaboration.
Nostos was the brainchild of Zeus Jones and has been in business as an independent entity for over three years. Currently, our staff includes a part-time CEO, a CTO advisor, and a full-time Member Support Lead. This position is full-time and mainly supports the CEO, while collaborating with the Member Support Lead.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all communities and identities. We are working to create a more inclusive industry, starting with ourselves and our member companies.
The Managing Director Position
We are currently seeking a Managing Director for Nostos as we continue to grow the community and build towards a more ambitious and cooperative future for independent agencies and companies.
We are seeking an optimistic self-starter who is comfortable owning a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis and is excited about the idea of building a business and community.
Potential activities include:
- Collaborating on a vision for Nostos and owning bringing it to fruition
- Identifying and evaluating new members to bring into the community
- Creating a new offering for a specific industry vertical with new and existing members
- Collaborating with the Member Support Lead to ensure the community is engaged and supported
- Owning business operations for Nostos like financial tracking, partnerships, and financial modeling.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years experience in a customer or client success role
- Has B2B and B2C experience
- Is detail-oriented but not tied to traditional process
- Is familiar with the creative and/or development agency landscape
Nostos offers access to some of the most interesting, innovative, and impactful independent companies in the world, as well as opportunities to tackle a variety of challenges and grow along with the company. In addition, we provide medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match, unlimited PTO, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, cell phone bill reimbursement, and paid parental leave.
The position starts in January 2022 or when the role is filled.
This job is currently a remote position, based in the U.S. The core team is based in Minneapolis/St. Paul and is open to working remotely indefinitely.
Salary range is $85,000 — $120,000 based on experience.
Please submit a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your letter should answer the following questions:
- Why is this position exciting to you?
- What kind of work do you find most fulfilling and why?
- What’s an example of a time when you helped a group of people with different ideas and opinions work together toward a common goal?
Your resume can be an attached document, a link to your LinkedIn profile, or a link to your online portfolio or website. If you have additional applicable work samples, feel free to include them as attachments or links.
Selected candidates will be asked to:
- Participate in a 30-minute initial phone interview with the CEO
- Provide two references, including phone and email contact information
- Complete and submit a brief (1–2 hour) homework assignment
- Participate in an hour-long video interview with the CEO, Member Support Lead and an advisory board member (one of our Nostos member company leaders)